After a lot of work, and a bit of a wait, we were finally able to launch the newest version of Japanese Knife Imports today.
Though the website looks similar, there are a number of huge changes we have made with this new version. We have been listening to what our customers have been asking for, and, in this newest version, we have tried to implement as many of those requests as possible. Here's a brief rundown of some of the new things you can expect:
- Mobile and Tablet friendly sites- the site should work well whether it be on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone
- Pay by credit card on our site... no more pay pal or third party systems (well, aside from what we are using for this now, which maintains industry standard high levels of security)
- Improved search functionality- it just works now
- Improved menu design- no more mouseover issues
- No product mouseover necessary to see product info
- Improved product description layout- tabs with information clearly laid out
- Improved product photo handling- mouseover zoom feature and click to enlarge
- International orders can now be processed directly through the website... no more having to ask for quotes or deal with direct invoices
- Shipping quotes are available on the shopping cart page- Just put the necessary info in, and we will provide quotes for all available shipping methods to your location
- View in-stock items only- we created a special link in the main menu to filter out all out-of-stock items
- By Brand, By Type, Sharpening Supplies, and Other Items pages- see all menu options clearly laid out in a grid by clicking these links in the menu
- Product Filtering on Collection pages- say you want to view Gesshin Ginga knives, but only Gyutos... you can do that now. Only want to see things under $100? Thats possible too.
- Improved sort options on collection pages... order by price, date added, name, best selling, etc.
- Our contact page form really works... you can send us messages through the website
- Improved social media integration
- Significantly improved Back-In-Stock feature... just put your e-mail in and we take care of the rest
- Track your orders from within our website- also get e-mail updates as your order is processed and ships
- See the number of items in inventory for any item... its right there on each product page
- We've added a quick view option so you can see important product info without having to go all the way to the product page
- New live chat feature... when we're around, you can chat with us right on the website. When we're not around, leave us a message and we'll get back to you.
- General improved customer experience... we just made it all easier to use
- Gift cards... coming soon :)
Anyways, we hope you enjoy the new website. If you have any questions, feedback, or trouble with the website for any reason, please don't hesitate to contact us by phone at 310-399-0300 or by e-mail at Jon@JapaneseKnifeImports.com.
Leave a comment