Japanese Knife Imports has resumed shipping online orders, as well as pick-up and drop-off services. However, our knifesharpening and repair services, as well as custom saya work are temporarily suspended. We do not have a clear ETA for when we expect to resume sharpening, but we do not anticipate resuming in the near future for now. We are still adapting to theever-changing situation in Los Angeles, and as such, there may be delays in e-mail responses and possibly with orders shipping (though we are doing everything we can to fulfill orders as quickly as possible). Additionally, all shipping services are experiencing delays, and most are suspending their delivery guarantees. If your order is taking longer to arrive that expected, please let us know and we will follow up with the shipping company. It may take some time for us to resolve shipping issues (please read our terms and conditions for more info on this). We appreciate your patience and understanding.
As of Monday May 29th, 2020, we have resumed shipping online orders. However, our storefront will remain closed to customers as we prepare to reopen safely. We will be fulfilling orders via shipping methods (USPS, DHL, FedEx), and will have non-contact pickup or drop-off services available for local orders and sharpening. Please bear through this time, as it may take a bit longer for us to ship than normal.
Our Hours of Operation will also be different during this time:
- Monday-Friday- 11am - 6pm
- Saturday & Sunday- Closed
As a function of health and safety during this time, here are some of the systems we have put in place to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and to keep both our customers and staff safe and healthy.
- The storefront will be closed to all customers and non-essential people
- We have a non-contact drop-off/pick-up system in place for local orders and sharpening (sharpening is currently suspended). Please contact us for more info if you are interested.
- All Japanese Knife Imports personnel will be wearing masks, washing hands, and sanitizing surfaces constantly. We also have gloves here for that purpose.
- Incoming knives for sharpening (currently suspended), repair, and return will be sanitized and all non-essential packing will be disposed of immediately.
- Staff will be following social distancing guidelines inside the store.
- Anyone feeling any symptoms or showing/feeling any signs of sickness of any kind will be asked to stay at home until all symptoms are gone and clear for 2 weeks.
- All personnel will be practicing social distancing and following the stay at home order, excepting essential trips outside (groceries, doctor, etc.)
As previously mentioned, shipping may take longer than normal as we adjust to this new way of working. We are currently offering video chats via Zoom, Google Hangouts, Facetime, etc. for any customers looking for a more in-store-like experience or for those who require help with their knives (sharpening, use, problem solving, etc).
For any customers looking to mail in knives for sharpening or repair, please contact us before sending anything in or dropping things off (our knife sharpening service is currently on hold). We have a process for managing these things and will not be able to accept any work that does not follow these directions. For more information, feel free to call us or e-mail us (see below for that info).
We will do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible, but please keep in mind that we get quite a few e-mails every day and e-mails can sometimes get backed up a few days. If this is a more immediate need, please feel free to call us at 310-399-0300.
-The team at Japanese Knife Imports