We are in the process of updating our website... please bear with us if there are any visual changes. The backend system is still perfectly functional, but the look will be changing.
This series from Gesshin Uraku has an SKD 11 core and stainless cladding. SKD 11 is a semi stainless tool steel that happens to be great for kitchen knives. The cladding of this knife is entirely stainless, but the core steel may darken or patina over time. However, you won’t find it to be reactive with acidic foods at all.
These knives are very thin and have nice geometry. They come with ho wood octagon handles and matching sayas.
- Handle Length- 133.0mm
- Handle Height- 24.6mm
- Handle Width- 21.75mm
- Handle to Tip Length- 182.0mm
- Heel to Tip Length- 167.0mm
- Blade Height at Heel- 47.0mm
- Width of Spine at Handle- 2.25mm
- Width of Spine Above Heel- 2.15mm
- Width of Spine at Middle- 1.85mm
- Width of Spine about 1cm from the tip- 0.85mm
- Blade Thickness at 1/2 way between the Spine and Edge- 1.3mm
- Weight- 116g